Switching to healthy snacks a good option at work
The food that you eat determines the future composition of your body, health, mind etc. So you have to be careful while adopting particular food groups in your daily routine. Taking an example of snacks, have you ever wondered that the snack you are about to take, how far does it goes on the health rating? Healthy snacks are the need of the hour for you to keep yourself geared up for dealing with upcoming challenges.
Healthy snacks are a good alternative when it comes mingling of taste with health,
as they can be very relishing and at the same time you need not worry on compromising taste with nutrition. With experimentation and innovations healthy snacks have been prepared which easy to make, having tantalizing savor and handy to munch on when you’re busy work demands your full participation.
Healthy snacks with energy boosters
1) Nuts – are topping the charts when it comes to healthy snacks. In this jet age when work output is all what makes or mar you’re work field. During such tense working environment you don’t have time for ideal school time lunch breaks, so healthy snacks in the form of nuts are an excellent option. Nuts include Walnuts, Almonds, Cashews, Filberts (hazelnuts), Peanuts, Macadamias, Chestnuts Pistachios and Pecans.
2) Seeds – are healthy snacks that will quench your hunger and revitalize your energy drained due to work pressure and deadlines. There are varieties of seeds available that can be used as healthy snacks. The list of seeds is divided into beans, cereals and legumes.
- Beans- groundnut broad beans, Bambara Chickpeas, Cowpeas, Bambara, Dry beans, species of Vigna- Hyacinth bean, Lablab Lentils, Lupines Peas, Peanuts, Pigeon peas, Soybeans, Tonka beans, Velvet beans, Vetch Winged beans and Yam beans.
- Cereals – Barley, Fonio, Kamut, Oats, Palmer’s grass, Rice, Rye, Maize, Millets, Sorghum, Teff Triticale, Wheat, Breadnut, Cattail, Chia, Cockscomb, Grain amaranth, Kañiwa, Buckwheat, Quinoa and Wattle seed (acacia seed).
Relish the healthy snack recipes
1) Apricot canapes- listed among healthy snack recipe is an innovation of health and mouth watering taste.
- Ingredients required – for this healthy snack recipe are- dried apricots (10-15) pieces, 1 tablespoon honey, finely grated blue cheese, 15-20 shelled pistachios which are chopped finely and black pepper if you want a tangy flavor.
- Preparation – after cutting the apricots in a shape such that two separate pieces are obtained with space for filling inside, fill the filling area with cheese or top it up with blue cheese. After that smear the apricots with honey and sprinkle black pepper if you want. With this a healthy snack recipe is ready which is easy to make and has lot of nutritional value to it.
2) Avocado tea sandwich – a very healthy snack recipe which will refresh your taste buds and provide you the necessary increase in your energy level.
- Ingredients needed– avocado which is aptly ripe and diced, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 tablespoon low fat mayonnaise, and black pepper salt, thin slices of wheat bread which have their rough corners removed finely sliced smoked salmon pieces and cucumber.
- Preparation- In order to prepare this healthy snack recipe you need to mix the low fat mayonnaise, black pepper, salt, and lime juice in bowl. After mixing the contents thoroughly spread this mixture on the sliced breads and then add cucumber, salmon and avocado on top of the spreading. A healthy snack recipe is prepared in no time.
3) Mediterranean snack – which being a healthy snack will quickly absorb in your palette and give you the luring start of delicious flavors.
- Ingredients required – 7-10 tomatoes very small in size often referred to as cherry sized tomatoes, slices of cheese which has been stored for a long time and olive oil.
- Preparation – Going on with this recipe you need to mix bread pieces, cherry sized tomatoes, cheese and olive oil in a bowl. A healthy snack recipe is ready which very easy to prepare and just takes a couple of minutes to make it.
4) Chocolate pudding with pistachios- this healthy snack recipe which is rich in its contents as evident from chocolate being an active ingredient. This healthy snack recipe will give you a wholesome feeling of a healthy snack.
- Ingredients – required already prepared chocolate pudding which is very low in fat. Two tablespoon shelled and chopped pistachios.
- Preparation – Top the chocolate pudding with pistachios and enjoy the aromatic healthy snack recipe. The same can be done with a low fat ice cream bought from the market, besides giving you chill it will relax your taste bud with soothing chillness and at the same be a healthy substitute for you. All you need to do is buy a flavored ice cream of your choice make sure the ice- cream you choose is low on fat otherwise you cannot categorize this recipe into a healthy one. Then just repeat the same steps you followed in the chocolate pudding recipe, rather than adding pistachios you can add nuts of your choice too it’s all about being innovative and following your taste buds instincts.
Healthy snacks act as high powered food items which check on your nutrition and energy balance and give you a change from the regular food stuff you eat like junkies, synthetic food etc which are completely unhealthy. While including nuts in your snack you have to be very careful when it comes to choosing the quantity because excess of nuts can cause internal heat to form up which can cause many health irregularities in you and can even lead do irritable bowel syndrome in some cases. Why extra care needs to taken while adding nuts to healthy snacks is because they are a source of energy in fact very high energy in raw form they are often termed as raw energy source.
If taken in excessive quantities one can fall prey to illness because as the saying goes excess of anything is not good. So be innovative and experiment with your healthy snacks and you might have a healthy snack recipe in your kitchen ready to be devoured.